FOOD: How To Prepare Afang Soup
Afang Soup is prepared with a generous quantity of Water leaves and the wild herbal Okazi leaves.
Ingredients for Afang Soup
- 400g sliced Okazi/Afang leaves | about 4 handfuls
- 250g Water leaves
- 20 to 25 cl red palm oil (about 1 drink glass)
- Beef, Kanda and Dry fish
- 2 tablespoons ground crayfish
- Pepper and salt (to taste)
- 2 stock cubes
Before you cook the Nigerian Afang Soup
- Wash, drain and slice the water leaves into tiny pieces. Grind or pound the sliced Okazi leaves. In Nigerian markets, the sellers of these sliced Okazi leaves have a machine for grinding it. You can also grind it with your blender with a small quantity of water. Take a look at the ground Okazi leaves.
- Grind your pepper and crayfish and cut the onions into tiny pieces.
- Boil the beef and Kanda with the diced onions and stock cubes in a very small quantity of water. When done, add the dry fish and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Now add the palm oil, crayfish and pepper. Once it starts boiling, add the afang (okazi) leaves, water leaves and periwinkle. When the okazi leaves have softened and the water has dried up a bit, add salt to taste and leave to simmer for about 5 minutes. The Afang soup is ready!
Serve with Garri (Eba), Semolina Fufu, Amala, Cassava Fufu or Pounded Yam.
Now, It is your turn to Help Spread This
Find Related Videos Here
April 20, 2018
April 16, 2018